Fresh sustainable thinking.
Evergreen Waters is being built according to leading sustainable initiatives, and using materials that are gentler on the environment. So you’ll be living in a community that has been created not only to leave a great impression now, but also a positive legacy right into the future.
Environmental development features that are a first for Victoria:
- The first Victorian development to ever use low voltage LED lighting to reduce community power consumption.
- The first Victorian development to use Water recycling via 3rd pipe technology - allowing for excess water collected in the home to be used for flushing toilets and watering gardens.
Recycled Water Fact Sheets available here
Other leading edge sustainlable features:
- A development that is contemporary yet in tune with the area’s pastoral heritage and native surroundings.
- A settlement that respects and protects existing and valued natural landscape settings to reduce impact on terrain, flora & fauna.
- Planning, landscaping and preservation that retains a bush ‘horizon’ throughout the development.
- Recommended solar hot water systems for every home reducing residential energy bills.
- LED Low Energy Street Lighting (possibly an Australian first for any planned community)
- EcoBlend Cement (created with less energy, fossil fuel and waste by-product), to be used in footpaths, kerbs and hard landscaping.
- North/south lot orientation to minimise energy use.
- Creation of a new wetlands and a linear park along Jackass Gully Creek and community park space to encourage native flora and fauna.
- Sensitive landscaping of shared areas according to a report by leading flora & fauna experts to ensure that plants, grasses and flowers native to the Greater Bendigo region are used where possible.